Oat Walnut Waffles
Our family loves family traditions and every Sunday morning we make these oat walnut waffles.
Servings: 6 Waffles
- Waffle Iron
- Vitamix Blender
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts soaked overnight
- 2 cups water divided
- 4 each medjool dates pitted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Celtic salt
- Soak walnuts in a small bowl overnight in the fridge.
- Drain water and place in a high-powered blender with one cup of water. Blend for about one minute until liquified. Then add in your dates and blend. Add the rest of the ingredients with the remaining cup of water and let stand for a few minutes. Set waffle iron dial to medium heat and baste with a high-heat oil (avocado or grapeseed oil works).
- Pour in batter until it fills to the edges of the waffle iron. Cook for at least 5 minutes. Recipe makes enough for two six inch size round waffles.
- Topping suggestions: Serve hot with earth balance butter, maple syrup, applesauce, almond butter, fresh berries and bananas!