- 1 tablespoon Emes Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cooked HOT millet, packed
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon carrots, peeled and cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup millet and cover. Turn down to low heat and cook about 50 minutes. Be sure to keep the lid on tight, or millet will not be light and fluffy.
- In another saucepan, stir gelatin into cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cook until gelatin is dissolved, and liquid is clear. Whiz cashews and 1/2 of the gelatin mixture until smooth. Add hot millet, carrots and salt. Whiz at low speed, increasing to high speed, until super smooth. Blend in the remaining 1/2 of the gelatin mix on low speed. Pour into containers and chill. Keeps 1 week. Yields 1 1/2 cups.
- Recipe by: Modern Manna