- 12 cups diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups diced red onion
- 8 cloves of garlic (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup pickled jalepeno pepper rings (less if using fresh jalepenos or other type of hot pepper- to taste)
- 2 bunches of cilantro
- lime juice (usually 2 limes worth but sometimes more depending on how much juice you get or how much you like)
- salt to taste
- You can use 1 #10 can of diced tomatoes- just puree them down a bit in the food processor (you can find large #10 cans at Smart and Final, Costco or Sam's Club).If using fresh tomatoes just dice them into small pieces. You can chop the onions, garlic and jalepenos in the food processor. I do the garlic and the jalepenos together and pulse them until the garlic is finely minced. I do the onions seperately (cut them into medium chunks before adding to the processor) and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Wash the cilantro well. I use the stems and leaves of the cilantro- rough chop before adding to processor- pulse until finely chopped. Add the cilantro, onions, garlic and jalepenos to the tomatoes.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste. Will keep for several days- but it never lasts that long in my house.