- In a big pot steam until tender:
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- When all vegetables are done remove steamer allowing veggies to remain in pot. It is OK to keep water left from steaming to remain in pot for the soup.
- 1 - 2 cups peas
- In a blender whiz until smooth:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- Add to vegetables plus enough water to make soup consistency:
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder to taste
- Heat until seasonings are blended but do not overcook.
- *You can use the cashew base for other soups too: cream of broccoli, zucchini, corn, etc. Whiz some of the veggies in blender, after they have been steamed, with the cream base.
- Recipe by: Modern Manna