- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 large stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- dash of sea salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Sauté onion and bulgar in a little olive oil, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and bulgar is golden (7 to 8 min.) Stir in celery, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed (about 20 min.). Season to taste with salt and cayenne. to serve, mound bulgar mixture on a platter or individual plates. At the table, offer condiments.
- Condiments: Prepare 1 cup each -- shredded soy cheddar cheese, alfalfa sprouts, 1/3 cup each -- sliced green onions, sunflower seeds, 2 tomatoes (diced), soy sour cream, salsa and chips.
- Recipe by: Modern Manna