- 2 c. pecans, or almonds, or walnuts
- dash cardamom
- 1 c. oat flour, or ground flax
- dash coriander
- T. pure maple syrup
- 2 c. pitted dates, soaked 30-60 minutes in juice
- 2 T. water
- Juice of one large orange
- Zest of one large orange
- Place nuts in food processor, grind until coarsely ground. Add oat flour pulse to mix. Add cardamom and coriander pulse to mix. Add syrup until mixture holds together. Press ½ of the crust into a 9” square pan. Save half of the crust for later.
- Soak dates in the water and orange juice solution for 30-60 minutes. In the food processor, combine the dates with orange juice and zest; puree until smooth. Spread date mixture over the crust. Crumble remaining half of crust over top. Press the mixture down with your hands.
- Variations: Use dried apricots, apples, pears, pineapple, figs or peaches (soaked 4 hours) in place of the dates.